Your Rainbow Swing Set is an important investment in your child’s fitness, social life, and imagination. Long-lasting and durable, it’s important that your swing set be maintained properly to ensure your kids get the most out of it for years to come.
The Importance of Power Washing
Sun exposure, weather, and wear and tear can impact the appearance of your Rainbow Swing Set. Power washing it every 18–24 months is crucial to keeping it looking good. Additionally, power washing:
- Removes dirt and adds needed moisture back into the wood
- Allows sealant to penetrate the wood more effectively
- Restores the look of ladder rungs, handles, and other plastisols that are stained or mildewed
As wood ages, its appearance changes. While power washing is not a cure all, it will bring back 70% – 80% of your set’s original look. We recommend power washing and resealing your Rainbow Swing Set every 18–24 months to prevent graying. This schedule also assures full lifetime warranty coverage.
Power Washing Service
Call on us to professionally power wash your Rainbow Swing Set in as little as 2 to 3 hours. We can efficiently and effectively clean your set with our professional grade equipment, saving you the time and hassle of doing the job yourself. Our Power Washing Service includes:
- Removal of dirt and dust to improve the appearance of your set
- A clean surface that ensures sealant will absorb properly
- Power washing of canopy and all plastic components on the swing set
To receive a no-cost estimate and schedule power washing, submit photos of your swing set to [email protected]. We’ll contact you and set a day and time to get your set pressure washed, ready for resealing, and looking clean.
Renew Your Rainbow by Resealing
Resealing your Rainbow Swing Set every 18–24 months safeguards your swing set from the effects of the sun, the weather, and continuous use over time. This suggested maintenance ensures full lifetime warranty coverage.
It’s important to remember that the tint of your swing set will darken with each application of sealant. This is a natural occurrence over time with outdoor wood sets, as well as the result of overlapping sealant coats.
It’s critical to use the right type of sealant if you plan to do the job yourself. You can feel confident of a sealant’s quality by purchasing these directly from Rainbow Midwest. The most common sealants used on outdoor products include:
- Acrylic — We strongly advise against the use of acrylic sealants. They’re thick and trap moisture in the wood, causing it to rot from the inside out. Acrylic sealants also tend to flake soon after application.
- Water based — Your new Rainbow Swing Set comes to you from the factory with a water-based sealant applied. Because it’s a semi-transparent product, it allows the appearance of the woodgrain to shine through while giving it a uniformed look. These sealants are available for purchase in our showrooms.
- Oil based — This is a transparent sealant containing a pigment that enhances the appearance of the woodgrain even more than a water-based sealant. It soaks deep into the wood, is long lasting, and is often preferred for use on sets that are 8 years old or older. However, it will give your set a matt/flat finish and can have an uneven appearance in some spots. Oil based sealants are available for purchase in our showrooms.
Although resealing your Rainbow Swing Set is strongly encouraged, it can be a tedious and difficult job. Our professional team are experts at resealing swing sets, giving your swing set a renewed look while protecting it from fading, wear, and the effects of weather. With our quality materials, we apply sealant* by hand to ensure the best consistency and can complete the job for you in as little as 5 to 10 hours.
To receive a no-cost estimate and schedule resealing, submit photos of your play system to [email protected]. We’ll contact you and set a day and time to get your set looking great again.
* Rainbow Midwest professionals will apply a semi-transparent or transparent sealant, not a paint-like or opaque material. If your set has an existing layer of paint-like material on it, the sealant we apply may not completely hide the old layer. While the sealant will protect the set, the color may be inconsistent in areas. We recommend the use of a wood stripper to remove old paint-like material prior to resealing. Rainbow Midwest does not offer a wood stripping service.
Preferred Customer Program
We invite customers who purchase a new Rainbow Swing Set to be a part of our Preferred Customer Program. Rainbow Midwest Preferred Customers receive:
- Discounts on Power Wash and Reseals
- Free Maintenance Checks with Services
- Discounts on Parts and Add-Ons
- Discounts on Trampolines and Basketball Hoops
- Discounts on Birthday Parties
- Discounts on Swing Set Moves/Relocations
Contact us to learn more about our Preferred Customer Program when you purchase a new Rainbow Swing Set.